IELTS Speaking Exam Tips
Tips and Tricks to follow for IELTS Speaking Exam
- Don’t provide very short answers like “Yes I do or No I don’t” as this will not give the examiner a chance to assess your language and can make you lose marks.
- Speak as fluent as you can and use strong vocabulary.
- The 6 factors on which your speaking will be judged are:
- Body Language
- SVA- Subject, Verb & Agreement e.g. Wrong Usage “Everyone should earn their living”.
- Using the right Tense e.g. Wrong Usage “I am having a business in…..” “The baby was crying before it was given some milk”.
- Use and Misuse of articles- a, an, the/ —“ We live in a society
- Knowledge of a topic is not very important the thought behind should show in your answer and give a depth understanding of the subject or topic.
- Don’t be shy have a fun conversation with the examiner and speak your thoughts confidently.
- Learn to express yourself using your own language
- You can only ask your examiner to repeat questions only in Part 1.
- You cannot ask your examiner to explain the questions and the words of the given topic in Part 2 of your test.
- The examiner will tell you when to start talking and when to stop
- In Part 3 you can ask your examiner to rephrase a question or explain the meaning of a specific word if you don’t understand.
- Your answers should be short, crisp and to the point but not too short that it does not give a chance to the examiner to assess or examine your language.
- Keep a steady pace while speaking and speak your answers in a logical order so that the examiner can understand.
- IELTS Speaking is an informal test so you can use informal language and contractions.
- Expressing the right way-
- Least Words
- Best Expression
- Idioms and Phrases
To Master, these Tricks and Tips come to join IELTS training and coaching provided at Global Education Ideas by an expert teacher with over 17 years of experience in Journalism and having teaching GMAT, IELTS in many prominent institutions.
Contact Us to Join or Know more about IELTS Training & Coaching.