Australia Parent Visa

The parent visa allows you to live in Australia if you are a parent of Australian citizen, permanent resident. There are two different visa sub-classes under this visa through which you can apply to live in Australia temporary or permanent according to your need. The 2 ways are

Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143/173) Subclass 143: This visa allows a parent or parents to live in Australia with his/her Australian permanent resident children or citizen permanently. It is a permanent visa and the basic condition is that your child or the sponsor of this visa must live lawfully and legally from past two year before the lodging the application.

Subclass 173: It is an Australian Parent Visa which allows a parent to live in Australia with his/her Australian permanent resident children,  citizen to live for two years. It is a temporary visa and cannot be extended or renewed.

Subclass 864: Parents aged over 65 can also lodge a contributory parent visa whilst onshore on a valid visa.This visa lets older parents live permanently in Australia if their child is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.

Non-contributory Visa (subclass 103/804)

Subclass 103: If parent have child in Australia who is already an Australian citizen, permanent residence, then they can apply for this visa and can live permanently in Australia along with child. This visa can le long waiting times of up to 30 years before getting this visa.

Subclass 804: It is an Aged Parent Visa which gives opportunity to those older parents who have their child as an Australian citizen, permanent residence or eligible New Zealand citizen to live with them. This visa allows permanent living feature to Aged Parent.


If you meet with the following conditions, then you can sponsor your parent:

  • 18 years of age or older
  • Living lawfully in Australia
  • an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • a relative of the applicant or if specified in the eligibility criteria for the relevant visa class, a cohabiting partner of the relative of the applicant
  • be settled and resident in Australia when the application is submitted


A parent has to fulfil the required eligibility criteria to get the Australian Parent Visa, if:

  • You are outside Australia.
  • Meet the balance-of-family test
  • Applicant is parent of Australian citizen, Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who have lived for 2+ years in Australia.
  • You must have good moral conduct and health.
  • You must not have any outstanding debts to Australian government or have arrangements to pay the debts


Contact Us to discuss your profile and eligibility.

[contact-form-7 id=”1554″ title=”Contact Us For Further Assistance”]

Open chat