Australia Partner Visa

If you have a spouse or live in partner who is an Australian citizen, or holds PR, you can qualify for a Partner Visa under the subclass 100 and become a permanent resident of Australia. One of the key requirements is that the relationship must be of genuine nature, and be sustained into the future. Also you should be able to prove that both parties consent to the relationship out of their own free will.

Before grating you the Partner permanent resident visa, the government of Australia will issue you a temporary partner (provisional) visa subclass 309 through which you can live in Australia with your partner until the Partner PR visa processed completely.

Australia Partner Visa Requirements

  • You are a spouse or live in partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Be outside from Australia while applying the partner visa
  • Show genuine intention to live with spouse/partner
  • Meet the health requirements
  • Meets with the relationship criteria and other requirements

Processing time:

  • It takes around 11 months to 15 months for complete process of this visa.

Difference between Sub-Class 309 and Sub-Class 100:-

The Partner (provisional) Visa subclass 309 is a temporary visa in which a spouse/partner or live in partner can live in Australia for a limited time period. On the other hand The Permanent Partner Visa (subclass 100) allows you to live and work permanently in Australia. Subclass 309 is a very first step towards getting the permanent residence (subclass 100) status in Australia.


Contact Us to discuss your profile and eligibility.

[contact-form-7 id=”1554″ title=”Contact Us For Further Assistance”]



Open chat