Australia Skilled Immigration 189 Visa
Australia Skilled Immigration 189 Visa category is for people looking to live and settle in Australia and have skilled work experience but do not have a job offer or nomination from an Australian employer or a state/territory or sponsored by a family member living in Australia as a resident or a citizen.
The foreign skilled workers who have enough work experience and their skills or occupation are in Australian demand list are eligible to apply for this visa category. The selection process works on point based calculator of a persons age, qualification, work experience, language ability etc. out of a total of 100 least 60 points need by a candidate to apply for this visa.
Eligibility to apply for Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
The candidate who meets the eligibility criteria and has their occupation in demand in the labour market of Australia can apply for Skilled Independent Visa of Subclass 189 category. To apply under this stream, a candidate needs to:
- Choose your occupation from the MLTSSL List 2018
- Submit an EOI online. One can submit an EOI while living in Australia temporarily or outside of Australia
- After receiving an invitation letter to apply for Australian PR Visa, a candidate can successfully get a residency visa.
Requirements of Subclass Visa 189
First you have to meet with the eligibility criteria set for the skilled independent visa.
- The applicant needs to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- The applicant must be invited to apply by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
- The applicant must be between 18 and 45 years of age.
- The applicant must pass a Skills Assessment for an occupation listed on the Australia MLTSSL Occupations list.
- Score at least 60 s based on his/her profile factors, i.e. Age, Qualification, Experience, English skill and other such components if applicable(see table below)
- The main applicant must meet the minimum pass mark of Australian Immigration Points i.e. 60 on the Points Test at the time of invitation.
- All applicants must meet the health, public interest, character, and special return criteria.
If you are applying for Skilled Independent Visa 189, you need to prove your language English language ability through any English exam that is acceptable by Australian government, you can give IELTS, TOEFL, PTE etc. A minimum of 6.0 bands is required, more you score in the exam more points you will get.
Other Documents Required for Visa Subclass 189
HEALTH & CHARACTER REQUIREMENTS
The candidate and each member of his/her family is required to fulfill health and character requirements irrespective of any family member accompanying you to Australia or not. Mostly, health and character assessment is done before your application is sent.
The candidate must submit a valid Evidence of having undertaken the required Health Examination of his/her as well as each member of the family irrespective of any family member accompanying you to Australia or not.
The candidate is required to submit a Police certificate for each country, each member of his/her family has lived in, for a cumulative period of 1 year or more, over the past 10 years, ever since turning 16 years of age.
Australia Subclass Visa 189 Processing Time 2018
The PR processing time of 189 visa depends on the number of application received and on application itself for skilled immigration. On an average it takes at-least 9 to 12 months for application processing.
Note: Rules and regulation of Australia Immigration may change at any time without any prior notice. Stay in touch with Global Education Ideas to know more.
Contact Us to discuss your profile and eligibility.