Queensland Nomination Program
Queensland gives the opportunity to skilled and qualified migrants to live and contribute to their growing economy and lifestyle. This nomination program nominates the skilled workers who are high in demand for both the provisional as well as permanent residency to live and work in Queensland.
The state or territory nominates the skilled migrant under a broad occupational list to live and work in Queensland.
Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) in partnership with the Department of home affairs nominates the skilled and business applicants to invite them to apply for Queensland skilled migration program.
Benefits of Applying to Queensland State Nomination
- You get an extra 5 points for a skilled Nominated Permanent visa (190)
- You get an extra 10 points for a skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (489)
- High standard of living
- Good working conditions like safe working environment, high minimum wages, and leave entitlements
Key Requirement to Apply for Queensland State Nomination
An applicant nominated by the state government for the skilled nomination program in Queensland must adhere to living and working in the state for minimum of 2 years and must give the contact and employment details once settled in Queensland.
Categories in Queensland Nomination Program
Business and Skilled Migration Queensland(BSMQ) nominates the skilled migrants for the visa and there are three types of skilled visa options under Queensland Nomination Program:
- Already working in Queensland
- Overseas worker
- A post-graduate
Already Working in Queensland
This stream is for migrants who are currently living and working in Queensland in their skilled occupation or closely related occupation. Nominations are offered under Subclass 190 Visa and skilled nominated provisional visa (489)
This stream is for migrants who are living and working overseas and have an occupation in skill shortage list in Queensland. Nominations are offered under skilled nominated permanent visa (190) and skilled nominated provisional visa (489). Given Below is Queensland Skilled Occupation Lists (QSOL)
To be eligible for Queensland nomination, you must meet both the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) criteria and Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) criteria for your chosen visa category.
The DHA criteria requires you to:
- have a points test result of 60 or higher, inclusive of state nomination points
- have a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
- meet the minimum English language need of COMPETENT, unless a higher level is required by your assessing authority
- be under 45 years of age
- submit other documents if invited to lodge an application for a subclass 190 or subclass 489 visa.
BSMQ criteria requires you to:
- have an occupation on the QSOL ‘Offshore’ list
- provide evidence that you have a minimum of 2 years post-qualification work experience in your nominated occupation. More experience may be required for certain occupations
- commit to living and working in Queensland from the date that you arrive in Queensland to live permanently
- offshore applicants applying under an IT (ICT) occupation must show evidence of a minimum 12 month job offer with a Queensland employer registered in Australia. The job offer must be related to your occupation, and evidence is required showing acceptance of the offer.
This stream is for migrants who have completed their masters or post-graduation from the University of Queensland. Nominations are offered under skilled nominated permanent visa (190).
Contact Us to discuss your profile and eligibility.
[contact-form-7 id=”1554″ title=”Contact Us For Further Assistance”]