New Zealand Partner Migration

If your partner is a New Zealand PR holder or NZ Resident then you can also apply for a New Zealand PR through Partner of a New Zealand Resident Visa.

Points To Note

  • Duration indefinitely
  • Can include children under age off 24 years
  • If your partner is a New Zealand citizen and the two of you have lived together outside of New Zealand for 5 years or more, you may be granted a permanent resident visa. Your partner will need to be either overseas when you apply, or have been back in New Zealand for less than 3 months.


  • You and your partner must be living together in a stable relationship for over 12 months.
  • You should be able to prove your good health and good character
  • Your Partner needs to be a NZ citizen or resident
  • He or She should be eligible to support your application in terms that they must have not supported any other partner application in the last 5 years
  • Your partner must be of good character and able to give proof of residence

It takes around 9 months to complete the process.

Partner Of A Student Work Visa

Another Category of Partner visa is Partner of a Student Work Visa.Your partner who are in New Zealand studying towards a level 7 or higher qualification on our Long Term Skill Shortage List, or a postgraduate qualification, to work in New Zealand  and you want to live with them in the country, then you can apply for this visa type. Once you are  granted this visa you can look for a job and enjoy yourself in New Zealand.

Criteria to be Eligible for Partner Student Work Visa:

  • You must be living together in a genuine and stable relationship with your partner.
  • Your partner must support your application and show proof of good character holding a valid student visa.
  • If your partner’s New Zealand residence status is based on their Australian residence status, your partner must be and will be residing in New Zealand only.
  • Give proof of your identity, medical and good health
  • They NZ authority will check if your stay is genuine and you will leave the country at the end of your stay.
  • Have enough funds to stay around $4,200.


  • Duration is the same time as your partners visa
  • Can include dependent children
  • Does not need a job offer
  • And Study up to 3 Months




Contact Us to discuss your profile and eligibility.

[contact-form-7 id=”1554″ title=”Contact Us For Further Assistance”]


Open chat