Manitoba Latest Draw as on 11th May 2018
Manitoba conducted its latest PNP draw inclusive for Express Entry Candidates on 11th May 2018 and issued 626 Letter of Advise out of which 151 LA’s were for Express Entry Candidates.
Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) has few conditions for the Express Entry candidates invited through its Express Entry-aligned Skilled Workers Overseas sub-stream they need to have a job seeker validation code and at least six months of recent experience in an occupation on the MPNP’s In-Demand Occupations List.
The lowest score of Express Entry candidate invited under Manitoba’s Expression of Interest (EOI) system is 562.
An express Entry candidate whose application is successfully nominated by the province receives an extra 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System score.
In Skilled Workers in Manitoba Stream a total of 267 candidates were issued Letters of Advice to apply, or LAAs, with the lowest-ranked candidate score of 500.
A further 109 LAAs were issued candidates in the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream. The lowest-ranked candidate in this group had a score of 602.
These candidates had to have the following:
- A close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
- Declared a regional destination;
- At least six months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
- A minimum language proficiency of CLB 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB 6).
And the last draw also issued 99 LAAs under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative through the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream, with a score of 706.
Strategic Recruitment Initiatives include:
- Recruitment missions. These overseas employment/immigration fairs involve MPNP representatives interviewing foreign skilled workers and later inviting them to apply after they have made a formal Expression of Interest (EOI) to the MPNP.
- Exploratory visits. The MPNP may invite people who have undertaken a pre-approved Exploratory Visit and passed an interview with a program official.