New Brunswick reopens Express Entry category and expands list of priority occupations
The Province of New Brunswick On 1st May 2018 has temporarily reopened its Express Entry Labour Market Stream for eligible Skilled Workers under its Provincial Nominee Program for given below 14 priority occupations:
- Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171)
- Computer network technician (NOC 2281)
- User support technicians (NOC 2282)
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
- Cooks (NOC 6322)
- Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631)
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
- Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
- Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 4032)*
- Secondary school teachers (NOC 4031)*
* This is for French language teachers only who can become licensed in New Brunswick.
The NBPNP will consider Expressions of Interest from applicants who have attended one of the NBPNP’s information sessions in the previous 24 months (since April 30, 2016) and score minimum of 67 points in the Selection factors grid system and meet other eligibility criteria. These applicants further to their nomination will receive an extra 600 CRS points towards their Express Entry score.
This is the third opening of the Express Entry New Brunswick Labour Market Stream since September 2017 and its priority list includes 7 IT related occupations.
The NBPNP will close the temporary opening to new EOIs once the provincial quota has filled up.
Once the stream closes again, the NBPNP it will only be accepting EOIs from people working in New Brunswick or people with a job offer from a company in New Brunswick.
The NBPNP will also continue to accept EOIs from people working in New Brunswick or people whose first language is French and who have experience in one of the 14 priority occupations listed above.
NOTE : From 2nd May Onward NOC 2175, 2282,4032 and 4031 were removed from the List.